Saturday 6 April 2013

Time to Get Offside!

Something happened last weekend that made me want get off the rum and get offside. It started on Friday night during the closing minutes of the Highlanders Vs Reds Super 15 clash. The scores were close and either team was one mistake, one missed tackle or one bad referring decision away from winning or losing. Would my beloved Reds hold on? The only way to make it through these final seconds it seemed was to reach for the rum... And reach for it I did.
The Reds did win and I was suitably elated. My stomach and sense of balance weren't so impressed. Anyway, the ensuite floor never felt so comfortable ('nuf said).
The following night was the big Sports Flood Appeal and although I managed to help set up during the day, the evening was still a pretty queasy time for me. I was feeling more than a little sorry for myself.
By Sunday afternoon I'd had enough and that's when it hit me - time to start writing again - time to get off the rum - get off the side lines. It's time to get offside.
Time to Get Offside!
I'll be cranking up some interviews with friends, colleagues and counterparts asking them 3 basic questions each episode. Standby for your invitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment